Asymmetry


7/14/18
My Asymmetrical Self

I have lived with this body for a while now and I do recall as a child, noticing the asymmetry of my body. I have watch my body change in different ways over the years I have always had one thigh that was larger than the other, one foot just slightly longer and of course the left and right side of my face each have individual characteristics. I’ve noticed the uniqueness of each hand.
Why do we look for symmetry in nature? It’s pleasing to the eye. There is beauty in symmetry, the perfectly shaped leaf or flower for example. But it seems much of nature is asymmetrical and is more common that we think. Even though at first glance our bodies appear to be symmetrical, the two halves are not the same. The basic building blocks down to a cellular level of the human are symmetrical. It begins when a human is formed. Chirality is a term meaning a molecule and its mirror image are not the same. Our internal organs are asymmetrical. The lungs are not symmetrical, one side has two lobes and the other three. The heart is asymmetrical. Nature is wonderful and amazing!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8/8/18 Bionics: The development of a bionic person and it's use in the military