5/29/18
Week Three Assignment
Evidence for Synchronicity

I have had many examples of coincidences that were synchronistic in my life. Not all of them have been ones that make "the hair go up on the back of your neck" experiences. This is how author Alex Marcoux expressed how she discerns whether life events are a message from the Universe or a random event. She says there are indicators if it is a message from the Universe: is it meaningful, improbable and if it feels like an epiphany. Lately, these little events seem to be happening more and more frequently in my life. I wouldn't describe all the experiences as an epiphany, but I still do pay attention to them. I tend to feel like everything happening in life is meaningful. It does feel a bit more random, yet not random and interesting enough to pay attention to. I try to be observant of my surroundings, there are those days that I will notice a person somewhere for whatever reason like they were in front of me in line or maybe I took note of that person because they remind me of someone else or maybe they parked right next to me in the parking lot. But then I will see that person at my next stop as well. And then later eating out, I see that person across the restaurant. Well I certainly would admit that it is a small town and perhaps it probably just is random that we were just traveling in the same circle that day. But why? And why did I happen to notice that person that day?

I found the article "The Other Side: Where Do Coincidences Come From" by John Blake very interesting. It covers the point of view of the skeptic as well as believers in the principles of synchronicity. The story about the Texas Ranger really highlighted a point for me. That story talks about how one man saved another's life. Years later the man who was saved is telling the story to his classroom of college students. Just as he was sharing his experience with his class, the other man walked into the classroom! A colleague of the now teacher shared his viewpoint in his book "Hauntings." He said he thought the incident for this "facts are facts kind of guy" helped to expand his consciousness. "After his sensibility enlarged, he was even more aware of the presence of invisible energies amid this tangible world." This makes sense to me. This reminds me of a child's viewpoint. You wouldn't expect a child to understand an experience that he/she has not had yet. I also think it is so hard to learn to trust these sort of experiences in our culture.

Comments

  1. Is synchronicity a result of increased awareness? Or is it a deeper unexplainable phenomenon of connectivity? Whatever it is, synchronicity gives an unmistakable dose of meaningfulness to our lives.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

8/8/18 Bionics: The development of a bionic person and it's use in the military